There are so many options available when choosing soft furnishings for your home; it can seem daunting making choices regarding fabrics and designs and the cost plays a huge part. There are many high street shops that supply wonderful ready made products, numerous online suppliers and many products available that are handmade by small business. So, why would you buy something that appears to be the same for double the price? There are many reasons why customers choose the products they do, I have compiled a list of my top 10 reasons why I believe handmade soft furnishings are the perfect addition to your home.
1. You are able to choose the design that you want, you are not restricted by size or shape.
2. You will be able to purchase something that meets you exact requirements, maybe a small cushion for a chair or extra large set of curtains for an awkward shaped window.
3. You will be provided with advice regarding colours, designs and various options such as buttons, zips or bows.
4. Handmade soft furnishings offer high quality craftsmanship which includes pattern matching fabric to provide you with an exceptional finish.
5. You will be offered extras such as curtain weights, interlining, blackout and many more.
6. One of the luxuries of handmade soft furnishings is the lack of visible stitching, this requires various hand-stitching skills to protect your fabric and provide it with a luxurious finish. This is a specific skill that is labour intensive and would only be undertaken by someone with a love of sewing and fabrics.
7. You are not limited to what is on the shelf, you can have coordinating items for your home and use your creativity.
8. Handmade soft furnishings add a touch of luxury for your home, wonderful linens and fabrics are sourced from some of the countries leading fabric designers.
9. You have the choice of extras such as pompoms and ribbons to provide you with a unique item.
10. When purchasing bespoke handmade soft furnishings you will receive a personalised service, the journey to make decisions on your final piece can be full of laughter and fun.
If you would like to hear more about the handmade soft furnishings service provided by Charlotte Briscoe Interiors, do not hesitate to get in touch, we would love to hear from you.