We receive a lot of enquiries via email or social media regarding curtains and blinds and we have successfully fulfilled many orders using customers measurements and courier services. We have put together a handy guide to help you when requesting a quote and placing an order for your curtains and blinds.
MEASURING FOR BLINDS
- Width We suggest that you measure at 3 points as the width may not be consistent, please provide the smallest measurement.
- Drop Again, we suggest measuring from the top of the recess to the windowsill at 3 points to allow for any variations.
- Width Measure across the window width, adding an extra 10cm (4″) to the total width to allow a 5cm (2″) overlap either side of the window, this could be more if desired.
- Drop The blind will need to sit a minimum of 5cm above the recess and can be higher if desired. Decide where you would like the blind to finish and this is your drop.
Things to check
- Are there tiles, cupboards or furniture that may get in the way of the blind when operating it?
MEASURING FOR CURTAINS
Step 1 Measure the curtain track or pole (excluding finials)
Poles should aim to be 15-20cm above your window, and should stretch 10-15cm wider than the window on each side.
Step 2 Deciding on the curtain length
To the sill (2cm below the sill or 1cm above)
Below the sill (15cm below the sill)
Floor length (1cm from the floor)
Step 3 Measuring the curtain length
Measure from the eye of the curtain ring or eye of the track to your chosen curtain length.
We will then guide you through any other information required and please don’t be afraid to ask any questions to avoid any mistakes!
Appointments for measuring & fitting can be arranged anywhere in the UK, please get in touch to arrange this if required. We look forward to hearing from you and we are happy to offer video calling to guide you through the process in your own home.